• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Loud" Turn Indicator

Another Ahab

Can't find it to save my hide:

- Searched "Loud"+"Turn Indicator"+"Turn Indicators" (because search engines got their limitations)

- And scrolled through 7 pages of Threads, but no readily evident "hit"

- Pretty sure I read this detail once here in some thread somewhere

Anybody maybe recall what thread mentioned a purchase source for those UPS-style super loud (idiot proof) audible clickers for turn signals?

tim292stro

If you can't find it, wire in a 24V beeper and put it in your dash facing you. Positive lead with a 1-amp ATO fuse to the H-pin coming out of the turn signal switch, negative to ground. Beeps with the turn signal flash, and like the model I linked you can adjust the volume :).

Last edited:

jatonka

Search for Cranetruck posts back about 7 or 8 years ago. He developed the first loud turn signal flasher for deuces using the low air buzzer. Doghead might remember the thread title

Another Ahab

Thanks, John; I'm actually all good with Tim's response above (just what the doctor ordered):

- Everything is there for me to do what I want to do

But thanks for your suggestion, too!

doctor-ordered.jpg

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would help if we knew what vehicle we are talking about. While most M series vehicles use the same turn signal indicator, some MVs like the CUCV does not.

tim292stro

Search for Cranetruck posts back about 7 or 8 years ago. He developed the first loud turn signal flasher for deuces using the low air buzzer. Doghead might remember the thread title
I'm wary of mixing systems and adding meanings to warning sounders - wouldn't want to think I had my turn signal on when my air was low, and wouldn't want a turn signal mod to potentially risk the low-air warning from not working... :2cents:

It would help if we knew what vehicle we are talking about. While most M series vehicles use the same turn signal indicator, some MVs like the CUCV does not.
Perhaps presumptuous of me but I saw the M35 in his signature and connected the dots. :beer:

The TMG version only works if you have the turn signal switch with the light in it, I also recall a few complaints in that thread with volume if the installer didn't drill a hole in the lens. This mod works with any M-series turn signal switch/flasher version. For CUCV the principal for this method is the same, tap the flashed output of the flasher - which only runs when there is a load selected and the flasher is powered. Cheap parts and common availability make this a simple mod, that's easy to repair.

Assuming your MVLS shuts off the turn signal functionality, it will also auto-mute when in blackout mode, if not there is a simple way around that with one more cheap/common part.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

i bought my blinker buzzer from
those military guys
its really loud
Perhaps presumptuous of me but I saw the M35 in his signature and connected the dots. :beer:
"Blinker Buzzer"; now that's a perfect two-word description for it (I couldn't come up with a description that good myself).

And the comments here are all of them helpful (think you to all), but the application is not for an MV at all, but instead for a conventional commercial vehicle. I was just looking for the device:

- I hate catching myself leaving my own blinkers on.

blinker Fluid.jpg

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simple mod really, and won't be mistaken for the low air warning, which is uninterrupted.

buzzer with diode.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks