• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana - State Asking for NHTSA sticker for deuce titled and registered in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears that you’re just looking for a fight with the government no matter what the cause. For that reason alone I believe you are more of a threat to our hobby than help. And yes I’ll be enjoying a Chocolate Easter Bunny this weekend because I believe in chocolate.

frodobaggins

Let's keep ideological tangents out of the thread, it could very easily get out of hand and off the rails. This is an important issue and we need to keep our eyes on the prize, not argue with each other.
I would like to keep this thread open.

Thanks guys.

undysworld

Let's keep ideological tangents out of the thread, it could very easily get out of hand and off the rails. This is an important issue and we need to keep our eyes on the prize, not argue with each other.

Thanks guys.
I gotta agree with the Hobbit here.

Rip raises lots of good points, many undoubtedly applicable in a court of law. But any good attorney doesn't play all his cards right off.

Plus, S.S. is a poor forum to debate social politics on - this sub-forum is "Politics related to the MV Hobby", not "What's Wrong Around Here?". (Besides, that other one's too **** busy lately...) Don't alienate your potential supporters by arguing with them over related issues. The last thing you want is to be split into groups that oppose each other.

Whether it's entirely fair or not, whether we like the system or not, it's the one we exist within. Choose your battles.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Thanks guys.
Very well said.

frodobaggins

(Very long post)
My dear sir, whether we AGREE or DISAGREE with your position is irrelevant. This is not the proper forum (metaphorically speaking) for that discussion.
This is a private website with it's own rules and regulations which we all have the privilege of using. We have been provided with a limited "Political" forum,
with the express purpose of discussion of politics dealing with our hobby. We all need to respect those limits, lest that privilege be revoked. Many of us
would be more than happy to debate many, many issues on this site with the people here, as we mostly see each others as peers, so it is natural; however
the owners of this site have decided it's not worth the hassle. The problem here is not necessarily with viewpoints, it's the venue.

Sometimes in life we have situations where limiting our discussions and showing some restraint is the better course of action.
And that goes for ALL of us. Many of us have gotten in hot water before, and I'm just trying to limit it happening again and
get the discussion/process back on track.

Kevin

frodobaggins

I get that and completely agree with you Frodo, but I just need someone to tell me exactly how I am supposed to do that?
That's a pretty easy answer. You're trying to argue your case HERE, in this thread. Many of us agree with you on certain points and disagree with you on others,
but we're not the ones you need to convince. Overall, all of us agree, that arbitrarily restrictions on our trucks without some sort of due process is bad. We don't
need convincing, the state does.

We can see you want to help. We can see you have passion. Those are good things and I won't knock you for them. But you don't need to convince us.
That being said, if you are going to fight this battle, I do suggest discretion and caution in dealing with the state. It's always better to try to keep the bridges
intact and only burn them when absolutely necessary.

F

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My suggestion, for the benefit of our LA members, is that this entire thread be deleted and a new one started and moderated for the sole purpose of discussing the problem and not some tangent on Sovereign Citizenship.

frodobaggins

After careful re-reading of Ripsaw's posts, it is my opinion that he is too hot headed and has some ideas that I don't think will be helpful to our cause. I have requested this thread be locked and I will start a new one. I would also request that it not be deleted for reference.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's goes the First Amendment, let all have a piece of chocolate and get back to the original story

Al Capone

After careful re-reading of Ripsaw's posts, it is my opinion that he is too hot headed and has some ideas that I don't think will be helpful to our cause. I have requested this thread be locked and I will start a new one. I would also request that it not be deleted for reference.
Rereading all these posts that leads up to one above: it all seems to go back to some that disagreed with stuff he posted and just keep heckling him. Like the post above there goes first amendment . I’ve listened to many of the phones calls he has done with senators and omv and they all were very polite and charming actually . Lol being nice actually gets ya long way . So just because some people don’t like what he believes in or thinks does not make him wrong person for this fight . Yes he got pissed cause he is trying to help us and was stating how basically it was gonna go and such and then he ruffled some feathers I guess . Majority of time when I read something I don’t agree with : I just say to myself I don’t agree but that’s their right . And let it be. Just my .02. I don’t try and cut off the hand that’s trying to help me .

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rereading all these posts that leads up to one above: it all seems to go back to some that disagreed with stuff he posted and just keep heckling him. Like the post above there goes first amendment . I’ve listened to many of the phones calls he has done with senators and omv and they all were very polite and charming actually . Lol being nice actually gets ya long way . So just because some people don’t like what he believes in or thinks does not make him wrong person for this fight . Yes he got pissed cause he is trying to help us and was stating how basically it was gonna go and such and then he ruffled some feathers I guess . Majority of time when I read something I don’t agree with : I just say to myself I don’t agree but that’s their right . And let it be. Just my .02. I don’t try and cut off the hand that’s trying to help me .
I'm fairly sure the First Amendment doesn't extend to a privately owned website , the owner has the right to decide what he allows. We are all guests in his house.

Edit ; Also trying to bring the first amendment up goes against the rant in post #105
Quote from that post ** The Constitution has no inherent authority or obligation.}
So the first amendment is meaningless with that logic.

Last edited:

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was not heckling Ripshaw, I'm on his side, he probably has more knowledge than the rest of us

Al Capone

I know you were not Louwon . I totally understood what you said . And I was not referring to website rules but personal beliefs of other members . Thanks

Broke Down

LA guys, keep us posted if anything changes for you. I don't have time to read the debates at this time. I will be glad to help in any way and I appreciate anyone that helps. We don't need to debate, we need to unite. Thanks everyone.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I believe that I had stated that the Fact is we live in a Republic. Enough about that from I.

Well I am just going to say without going into some kind of diatribe that in reality you may own possessions, but you are just renting the land that you live on. Either you pay your taxes or the State or Federal Government will take possession of. Off Topic.

I am not a mind reader but revenue is what keeps bureaucracy intact. Therefore the State is looking for revenue. The State sees that another State is getting the sales tax, then the vehicle moves to your home state and then you would like to get a new title for the vehicle so that you can operate it on the road.

But here I think is the Wrinkle. FWHA, If the State is having the Military give notice, acquire a permit to move a "convoy" or single vehicle upon the roadway because of speed, size, weight, length, pollution control devices, and a few more, then I would surmise that why should we be treated any different.

Interesting read, but does it apply?

https://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/fhwahop05029/chapter_3.htm

After reading through chapters most language would not apply realistically but to some not familiar with the interest would say that you are still driving a truck designed for military purpose. That was the conversation that I had with DMV. After talking to another person, they grabbed up the paperwork and sent the material forward and received tags 6 weeks later.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Cucvmule, the link you posted only applies cause the MVs owned by the "gov" don't(doesn't) have tags?

I also wonder if it is because of sheer numbers of vehicles. None of that actually applies to us.

Ripsaw

You guys can all relax. I fixed all the post for you. Just get ole porky, the one who started all the discourse here, just like he did in my last thread and got it locked, to go back and edit his post #95 and get rid of my post he quoted.....and nobody will ever know I was ever here.....good nuff ?......Good, I'm done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks