• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Love em or not, here’s my MEP-1040 thread.

Chainbreaker

Nice setup! If it were me I would leave the Aux fuel line where it is. If it ever starts weeping due to age you will notice it quickly.

So now with your 50 gal aux tank how much run time say at an avg ~50% load would that give you?

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice setup! If it were me I would leave the Aux fuel line where it is. If it ever starts weeping due to age you will notice it quickly.

So now with your 50 gal aux tank how much run time say at an avg ~50% load would that give you?
The TM claims .63gph. I don’t know at what perfect of full load that number is taken from. I’ll have to do some research and real world testing once I get it all set and hooked up.

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amazon prime day provided a noco 5x2 for just $89 so I couldn’t turn that down. Got it installed and the new tractor supply 51R’s (Napa kept giving me the run around). Now I just gotta wash her off, pour a pad, and wire her in to the (way too big) 125 amp transfer switch I installed next to the meter base when I built my house! D413282F-A55D-415A-A688-62AD1AB13BEA.jpeg8CEE134D-D542-44EA-B263-CD5E3939EAEF.jpeg8075AFED-4986-4582-BBE7-CCE4A81CBD95.jpeg

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the oil drain plug out, and visit the store. Go to the brass water fittings and get a brass threaded to barbed hose adapter. I want to say 3/4", but can't remember off hand. That gives you enough side clearance to drain the oil when its time. Take it off, and store it, put the plug back in.

OR
a small 4-5" threaded pipe to extend the drain. Otherwise it will just dribble down the side.

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the oil drain plug out, and visit the store. Go to the brass water fittings and get a brass threaded to barbed hose adapter. I want to say 3/4", but can't remember off hand. That gives you enough side clearance to drain the oil when its time. Take it off, and store it, put the plug back in.

OR
a small 4-5" threaded pipe to extend the drain. Otherwise it will just dribble down the side.
Check out the last pic in the very first post. I made a custom elbow to assist with draining the oil.

Kw 1967

I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I called a day in advance and scheduled the pickup. When I arrived they had already moved the unit right up front by the gate. Soon as I pulled in a guy on a forklift came up and all I had to do was show him the release form I printed and brought with me, and he loaded the unit right up. Easy as pie.
I picked up yesterday ,and very fast, the battery is dead, I need found 2 newer
¿Is for sale in auto parts stores?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I shop around for battery deals... most of the time I can get 51Rs for $106/ea at my local Wal Mart. Just got some 34Rs at Napa when they were running a 20% off back to school online promo. But yeah TSC can be good too (and a little hint, if you buy online, at least at my local store... they dont ask for cores, as its just an order pickup).

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And once you get new ones in, check the output on your alternator to make sure you aren't going to have 2 more dead batteries in short order...

Tinkerer

Oh, I guess I could also post the work I did on straightening out the panels. Our press brake did a number on em with the assistance of some foam.
Nice work @Abrant23!! Can you tell me if the access doors and panels are steel or aluminum? I'm considering buying one and have some extra magnetic sheets I'd like to use for posting info on the sides and doors.

jmenende

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where you at? I'm close to Vidalia. I have a load bank that loads my MEP-803 to 97%. Personally I like the 1040s. Then again I work on two generators that output 920MWs each.
My 1040 has gone up to 15kw and does not shut down. Just gives me a overload error. Loving it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks