• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Love the M37

kdaniels

I have a herd of these trucks...three that are rolling and one that will be soon as I have a frame off on it right now and a few that are going to be a project or a parts source for someone other than me. These I did a frame off on and sometime back. I have no "free" time as I seem to always be doing something with the OD stuff.

SEMPER FI !!

keithpitures 144.jpg

NAM VET

After over a year, and hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars, I am just about "done" (having a vintage vehicle means one is never really done), my own and first military vehicle is just about completed. Painted it the other day, have only to paint the stars and numbers on it, mount the M1919 gun, get a canvas top, and it will be as finished as it is ever going to be. I just can't imagine doing more than one M37. Yours look great. I have kept every receipt for what I have bought, and when I brought in a big box to start organizing them last evening my wife said " what in the world is all that?"

all the best...

NAM VET

kdaniels

NAM VET....I got caught up in some kind of weird OD "overdose" a few years back. I did three frame off's on my M37's and bought 3 more that I had spied in our area. I bought hundreds of parts and I still have all my receipts which I rarely look at. I just love the vehicle and the people I have meet along the way to restoring it(them). As the Hobby "grays" there will be fewer people who have a connection with these trucks, that is the sad part of this journey.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

kdaniels

That's me Bruce, from the BIG E days...I 've learned a lot from folks on that forum and this one as well. It seems these truck don't get any older but the owners sure do.

SEMPER FI!

keith

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My daughter calls my truck "the reverse Dorian Gray" truck after a story by Oscar Wilde about a guy whose picture ages while he stays young. She says (correctly) that the longer I own my truck the better it gets, while I get older and uglier....

milstencil

Those are some mighty nice looking ARMY trucks Sarge!!! I hope the next one is
going to be for the Corps!
Here's a "work" truck dedicated to you know who!
My truck 1.jpg
Rick

FrankUSMC

I wish you guys were near North Carolina. I have two M37s with titles, and extra parts I will sell for $1000. One of them has a French rebuild "0" miles motor in it. The ex is getting the land they sat on.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

kdaniels

Hey Rick, I know who that truck is for, I sure miss George. But on a happier note I do have one done for the Corps, it's my best running 37. Oh and off topic I need to get with you on some paint mask for my WC52 I'm doing. So look for a call soon. Miss hanging out with you guys @ Aberdeen.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

milstencil

Hey Keith!
Going down to NC next week to haul PBR721 in the Virginia beach veterans parade!
Thinking of taking a ride past George's old house. will be kind of tough! Give me a
call after the 14th.
Really miss getting together with you and James @ Aberdeen.
Remember the people from the "previous conversation"!!!
Rick

milstencil

Head count so far from the "Big E" 4
I know you're around Bill W. Metal or rubber connectors!!!
Rick

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks