• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low air alarm just started working?

Givinup

Something I did recently caused my low air alarm to start working again. I had hoped it had been removed / disabled in the field, but after nearly ****ting my pants in a closed metal rv storage unit upon start up, I've somehow caused it to work again. It was the first time I've ever heard it, and at 11:00 PM unexpectedly in a closed dark storage unit wasn't ideal.

I recently added hydraulic fluid as the truck was very low. Would this have caused it?

I've started it with low air and after much longer period of sitting to now alarm..

In any case, how do I disable it, or at least muffle the buzzer on it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the 939series trucks some tape over the buzzer works wonders.

You may want to check legality. In some jurisdictions disabling it or operating the truck after it has been disabled is illegal. YMMV.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shove your hand over it for the 3 minutes it takes to build pressure.

I think you can get some foam or something and tape over it or put it under the protector. But my method was always just either keep my hand plastered over it or get out of the cab and walk around the truck until it builds (maybe not the best idea, but saved the ears)

Givinup

Shove your hand over it for the 3 minutes it takes to build pressure.

I think you can get some foam or something and tape over it or put it under the protector. But my method was always just either keep my hand plastered over it or get out of the cab and walk around the truck until it builds (maybe not the best idea, but saved the ears)
It only takes about 20 seconds to build the pressure, but it sure is annoying. Was hoping for a quick way to unplug. Will do some googling...man I wish it were still broken.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It only takes about 20 seconds to build the pressure, but it sure is annoying. Was hoping for a quick way to unplug. Will do some googling...man I wish it were still broken.

It gives you time to do your daily pre-trip inspection.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why would you want to disable a system that could save your life? Yes it's annoying. It's supposed to be, to get your attention before it is too late to do anything about it.

Givinup

Why would you want to disable a system that could save your life? Yes it's annoying. It's supposed to be, to get your attention before it is too late to do anything about it.
For the next 8 months I'll be working on the truck in a metal shop that's 14 ft wide, 20 long. I'd like to disable it so when I start truck truck it's not incredibly loud when I'm not going anywhere

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the next 8 months I'll be working on the truck in a metal shop that's 14 ft wide, 20 long. I'd like to disable it so when I start truck truck it's not incredibly loud when I'm not going anywhere

No shop air to charge the system with ?

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ok, that is a horse of a different color then. Easiest way to charge from shop air is get a glad hand and plumb it up onto a shop hose. If you were lucky enough to get the inflation hose with your truck you can use that one with a regular quick connect in place of the inflator end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks