• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low air buzzer bother you?

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
keep watching this and wonder why anyone would want to bypass SAFETY GEAR!
When working in the garge/yard/cab I have been known to bypass even my saftey belt gear.JimK

p.s. Last week I hammered on something, probably a screw driver, without gloves, eye OR even hearing protection.

alphadeltaromeo

FreightTrain said:
I keep watching this and wonder why anyone would want to bypass SAFETY GEAR!it is there for a reason.What happens if the made in Tiawan Civy stuff fails and doesn't allow the buzzer to turn on one time?Your gonna end up on top of someones car with them still in side!In a properly maintained vehicle you should hear the buzzer but for about 30 seconds to a minute after first start up.Yea,it is annoying and loud but guess what....IT IS SUPOSED TO BE!IT IS A FAILURE ALARM!
LOL - have to agree with you here FT

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
p.s. Last week I hammered on something, probably a screw driver, without gloves, eye OR even hearing protection.
rofl

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last night I used a sawzall to cut through interior flanges in inside a 25"x18"x150" space with no gloves, eye, or ear protection, and it was dark so I lined up the blade to the mark feeling by hand by hand before starting the cut.

alphadeltaromeo

I recall posting a thread about safety and how it only takes a fraction of a second to really hurt yourself. Uh oh....seeing some unhealthy practices happening! :shock:

Mother hen...

ke6kze

Hi FreightTrain,
The buzzer cutoff is fail safe. If the relay does not operate, the buzzer
will keep on buzzing. I do have the dash warning light seperate from the buzzer (in parallel) so if one fails , the other will get my attention of a low air problem. I do not like surprises either.
Will,
Irwindale was a good event.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
OPCOM said:
Last night I used a sawzall to cut through interior flanges in inside a 25"x18"x150" space with no gloves, eye, or ear protection, and it was dark so I lined up the blade to the mark feeling by hand by hand before starting the cut.
That's nothing. This one time, at band camp...

:shock:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Old post about that buzzer. I found and repaired truck air leaks. Truck not running, pressurized it backwards. Used enough different quick disconnects to hook it up multiple ways, various sources. Works good. Could be for sale, or just copy it.
service air IMG_6702.jpg

sandcobra164

On my old deuce while I had it, the buzzer going off meant I had let the truck warm up enough and it was ready to hit the road on a cold day. On a warm day when it went off, it meant look over at the neighbors house as we are well underway. It never bothered me. My funniest thoughts about the low air pressure buzzer stem from people who forget to completely turn their Deuces off at a Military Vehicle Rally in my state. A truck will just be sitting there peacefully and then start Buzzing away. I'd reached in quite a few and turned the ignition switch off. Hope I didn't disrupt anyone's timer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks