• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

low air buzzer question

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i fixed my low air buzzer todayby plugging the wire back into it :roll: 5 years and i have never had it working and thats all that was wrong with it. what pressure is this buzzer supposed to shut off at?? mine stays on until it hits 60 psi. this is prolly why the previous owner unplugged it becuase it is annoying. is is 60psi the right pressue??
also is there a difference between the square model buzzer and the round model buzzer besides the shape???

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It should shut off at 60, yes

joec

MUDLORD said:
i fixed my low air buzzer todayby plugging the wire back into it :roll: 5 years and i have never had it working and thats all that was wrong with it. what pressure is this buzzer supposed to shut off at?? mine stays on until it hits 60 psi. this is prolly why the previous owner unplugged it becuase it is annoying. is is 60psi the right pressue??
also is there a difference between the square model buzzer and the round model buzzer besides the shape???

Yes mike mine shuts off at 60 also...Just as clinto said!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: low air buzzer question

I still don't understand why somone would unhook something that would tell them they are about to be out of brakes.......

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor

i think the reason it was unhooked was because the previous owner used to use the truck mainly as a party wagon/recovery vehicle 3 times a year. back in the day alot of people used to all head to the same spot in the jersey pines on holiday weekends in the summer and camp out and fourwheel trucks. deuces were everywhere, atleast 12 or so. most of the time they just sat on the sidelines until someone got stuck. they would run for a few minutes and then sit for a while and loose air. it prolly got really annoying everytime you went to move a few feet and had to hear the buzzer. i know the previous owner fairly well and this sounds like somthing he would do

joec

Re: RE: Re: low air buzzer question

FMJ said:
I still don't understand why somone would unhook something that would tell them they are about to be out of brakes.......

LOL...Thats a good point..!!!

littlebob

This has been brought up a couple of tmes in the last couple of years I've been posting.l I think I rember someone that just turned the master switch off untill the truck had pressure and that seemed to be the easeist answer.
littlebob

Cdub

I had a problem with mine a couple of weeks ago. The buzzer wasn't going off until the pressure was up to 90psi. On the M925a1 five tons there are two low air pressure switches. I removed each one and used a little WD-40 and some air pressure to clean them out. They are both working fine now. I did happen to find one on Ebay at a very good price. I don't think the seller knew what it was for. I guess I just got lucky at the right time. I'll keep the new one for a spare in time of trouble.

In the 900 series five tons you DO NOT WANT TO RUN OUT OF AIR. These trucks are full on air powered brakes.

I do admit the buzzer can be very annoying at times......but the E-brake sets off the same buzzer as well even if your air pressure is above 60psi. It's a no win situation...I just have to live with it.

seya,

C'dub

goldneagle

If you look for the copper tubing on the firewall under the hood you will see where they go into the cab. The box is on the other side of the firewall under the dash. My wire was also unplugged when I got my M109A2.

SMOKEWAGON66

I unplugged mine. Too annoying. I might get a warning light, or a different buzzer if I can find one...but as for now, even though its a low air warning, I will leave it disconnected. Back when I was learning to drive deuces in the army, three quarters of them had no warning buzzer...to counter it, the instructors just had you look at the air gauge every time you looked at your speedometer, since its right there anyway. Ever since then, Ive always looked at all the gauges every few seconds. Never had a problem.