• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low Coolant Light

The low coolant light on my 1009 was intermittently coming on for a while and now it's on permanently. There is plenty of coolant in the radiator and the overflow jug, what causes this? Should I replace the sensor, clean it, or any other super secret tricks I should know about?

ETA: I do know the manual protocol for testing the sensor. Im just looking for experiences or tricks with this issue.

26. COOLANT LIGHT FLICKERING OR WILL NOT TURN OFF
Step 1. Check coolant for proper level. (See TM 9-2320-289-10)
Step 2. Turn key to “RUN” position. Disconnect black/yelIow lead from low coolant sensor
on radiator and touch to any ground.
If light goes out, replace low engine coolant sensor. (See paragraph 3-31)
If light does not go out, perform step 3.
2-69
TM 9-2320-289-20
Table 2-4. Electrical Troubleshooting (Con’t)
MALFUNCTION
TEST OR INSPECTION
CORRECTIVE ACTION
Step 3. Remove low coolant module (located near fuse box).
If light goes out, replace low coolant module.
If light does not go out, trace circuit. (See wiring diagram F-4 or F-6)

Last edited:

welpro222

Mine does this too, i never trust the light. Always check your fluid levels at least every oil change. For me, coolant gets checked every time I check my oil. I never really trust a glance at the recovery tank, I open the cap and look.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also the low coolant sensor controller board next to the fusebox.

Many times the sensor will buildup a coating the causes it to give a false reading