• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOW fuel level equals LOW fuel pressure

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please, explain "a weak or low volume discount type pump and requires a bit of gravity feed to assist". :?:

The pump used in our trucks is shown below, I have no doubt that there is a safety factor involved in using the pump in its current configuration. The pump could have bee installed in a depression in the tank to totally empty it if that was desired.
The pump pumps about 6 gallons/minute and is jam proof due to its magnetically coupled vane.
The motor is sealed into a can with inert gas to keep it safe and reliable for it's service life of twenty or more years.
Needless to say, I have a lot of faith in 1950-60's technology.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks