• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

low heat

sante

cucv no heat

guys, thank tried it all, no heat, just luke warm
btw still hard to start, unles using ether, i no i shouldn't but once u start it in the am it good all day, then i start over in the next morning,. Remember i have acompound fx of the tib/fib from my harley accident so, i need to work very carefully and outside. It was 2 bellow yestaerday, one shot ether, nothing so i charged batteries (one at time) will attempt today, I guess heat is no big deal if truck won't start.
sante

dhedden

If it is hard starting after sitting all night but starts the rest of the day, even a cold day, you may be losing your fuel prime. Do you park facing uphill by any chance? If so, park it downhill and see if it starts easier. It may be a leaking injector pump or weak diaphram on your lift pump allowing the fuel to run back to tank. That was my biggest problem till I finally replaced the IP.

blzrgb

This may sound wierd but it's true. My hard starting once was a combo of starter drag and weak batteries. Someone else can give more info than me, but the 6.2 needs a certain amount of cranking RPM's to pressurize fuel through injectors.
Maybe someone will chime in with more info.

Kellyboy

Bumping an old post to help those who are looking for help now. The aftermarket aluminum heater cores leave a 1/4" gap on both sides of the core letting cold air pass by them rather than through them. I used the foil heating duct tape to close off the leak and it makes a huge difference.

Attachments

GunnyM1009

Last edited:

Redneck92

Had the same problem as dhedden discribed. Chenged heatercore and afterwards the little flapper in there stopped working corectly. It didn´t close completly and so it blew only warm instead of hot air.