• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOW OIL PRESSURE SOLVED!!

mbwarner

:D Kudos, oh wisemen of the forum. I hooked up a Sunpro gauge, and sure enough, I had 64 psi at cold idle, not the 30 shown on the dash gauge. As some speculated, it's a 120 pound sender and 60 pound gauge.

I put the 120 pound sender back in, and until I find a NOS 120 pound gauge to stick in the cluster, I'll just figure I have roughly twice the indicated pressure.

Thanks, everybody! :D :D :D

bigelk50

So I have a question, When I turn on my master switch my oil psi gauge jumps to 15psi. With the engine OFF!!! any one know why that is? I like what was said above about the 120 sending unit and gauge, I will look into that cause I know the engine was changed out in mine.

DanMartin

bigelk50 said:
So I have a question, When I turn on my master switch my oil psi gauge jumps to 15psi. With the engine OFF!!! any one know why that is? I like what was said above about the 120 sending unit and gauge, I will look into that cause I know the engine was changed out in mine.
Bad ground? Bad connection to the sender? I would check that stuff first.

bigelk50

Wow i never thought of the pre lube. I am new to these trucks. It very well could have one. It only takes about three seconds to come up to normal operating psi. I know what the pre lube looks like, I will check tomorrow as well as the connections Thanks!!

mbwarner

What's a prelube, and what's it look like? I'm pretty uncomfortable running zero oil pressure for ten seconds or so.

For the MF intelligent, is this delay caused by oil draining from the filter canisters, which need to be refilled upon starting, that causes the delay? If so, is there a way/place to install a check valve?

Just thinkin', ya know?

bigelk50

sprucemt

mbwarner said:
What's a prelube, and what's it look like? I'm pretty uncomfortable running zero oil pressure for ten seconds or so.

For the MF intelligent, is this delay caused by oil draining from the filter canisters, which need to be refilled upon starting, that causes the delay? If so, is there a way/place to install a check valve?

Just thinkin', ya know?
Already thought out.Check this classified ad.

http://steelsoldiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PN_zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=4&de=984

The filters have the check valve and retain the oil. 3 seconds to oil pressure.

bigelk50

Thats a good link. I have those on my fuel primary and two oil filters. I just didi not know that they had a check valve on them cause it was on the truck when I bought it.

nickd

JT's spin on oil filter adapters work great and they are simple to install. I bought one of the first sets and wrote the article on them in Military Vehicles Magazine.

littlebob

mbwarner said:
:D Kudos, oh wisemen of the forum. I hooked up a Sunpro gauge, and sure enough, I had 64 psi at cold idle, not the 30 shown on the dash gauge. As some speculated, it's a 120 pound sender and 60 pound gauge.

I put the 120 pound sender back in, and until I find a NOS 120 pound gauge to stick in the cluster, I'll just figure I have roughly twice the indicated pressure.

Thanks, everybody! :D :D :D
Anyway to tell the two apart? Mine startsat about 30 cold and goes down from there.
1500m on depot rebuilld, but sat a while
littlebob

jatonka

I can't help you with a preluber, but I can supply the spin-on adaptors with anti drain back filters that are designed for the Multifuel engines. JT