• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low power culprit?

Jakob

When I first got my truck, it was a runner for a non-turbo engine. I could easily hold 55mph on all but about a 10% grade. A few problems hit me at once and the Deuce was in pieces for about a year. Now that I have it together again, it can hardly get out of it's own way. Forget 55mph, I'm lucky if I can hold it at 45mph on flat ground. What are some of the things to look for? I tried a search, but didn't get any real answers... unless I wasn't using the right words.

Could the in-tank pump be the culprit?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
They will run without the in-tank pump. Sounds more like fuel filters or air in the lines.

Jakob

I changed all three filters already and the fuel in the tank is new. I put additive in the old fuel to "freshen" it up before I drove it the first time.

jatonka

I think the timing is critical on these engines, and correct valve adjustment helps some also. I know it's a pain to adjust the timing, but I think it is what makes the difference in "A Runner" and "Won't get out of it's own way" JT out

Jakob

I think the timing is critical on these engines, and correct valve adjustment helps some also. I know it's a pain to adjust the timing, but I think it is what makes the difference in "A Runner" and "Won't get out of it's own way" JT out
Is that something that can get out of adjustment on its own?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How many times have you had it out, and for how long since its been back together? These trucks like long hard drives(sounds like some ex-girlfriends too). If you only took it around the block, get her out and runnit! Is runnit a word? Anyway go for a drive, if just to put a smile on your face, it always works for me.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
(sounds like some ex-girlfriends too)
That explains why their your ex's!

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!:oops:

Jakob

The first couple of times, it was just down the road and back. The last time I had it out was quite a trip, probably 45 miles one way and back. A combination of highway and back roads driving. That is when I really started getting concerned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks