• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lowboy/stepdeck ID??

Tornadogt

I found this locally, it has a data tag but is in pretty bad shape and has been painted over several times.. He claims it was exmilitary..

Dimensions are: top deck 11 feet, main deck 30feet, dovetail 4feet.. From what I can tell from the data tag the axles are 20,000lbs each. It looks like the serial number starts with VT-???????. I assume it is a Vulcan trailer. Any information would help. He does not have a title but says he had the VIN check and it is not in the system at all. (may have never been titled) He is selling it with a bill of sale.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The military used/uses loads of off-the-shelf civilian lowboys. They won't have a military designation, and many don't have any military plates/tags at all, just the manufacturers plate.

That is a nice trailer! Winch under the front deck?

Cheers

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe a LB20 Air Force wrecking trailer that someone dovetailed. Vulcan made some.

Looks like a nice trailer! Here in New Mexico, it's nearly impossible to license a trailer without a title. Have 2 I've been trying to get licensed
With no luck so far! I may have to do the state of Maine license through the internet.

Tornadogt

It is not a LB20, it is too short, it did have a winch under the top deck at one time but is not currently there. I am going to try to clean the data tag off a bit more and get a straight answer from the Dps on a title before I make a offer.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The construction looks similar to this Fontaine in first pic.
Not an LB20, wrong deck over. second pic.
The beaver tail looks custom to that trailer, not factory.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks