• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lower clearance with tire pressure? M35A2

hunderliggur

I have searched and searched, read the TM, exhausted Google, and can't find an answer. About how much could I expect to lower the cab height of the top of a M35A2 hardtop by reducing tire pressure? I need to get it in my garage for at least one picture. I have 93" without removing the trim. I am OK with taking the top of the stack off. Thanks for any help our members can provide.

Flyingvan911

I reduced my tire pressure to about 20 PSI once. I think it came down a good three inches. I don't think anyone's really looked for a PSI to height relationship before. This is one to play around with.

hunderliggur

Looks like. Need to loose 3, maybe 4 inches to fit into the garage. It looks like the tires will do that, they are now 9 inches to the ground from the rim. So, if the insurance underwriter insists on a picture, I guess my wife gets the garage cleaned out!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Um measure from the ground to the rim and them subtract half a inch so you don't ride on the rim?

Half inch? Maybe with a destroyed tire but you will never get it that low and still have a good tire.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use photoshop, you can fix the problem.

Take a picture of your garage, then enlarge it. Your truck should fit right in after that!

emr

I think I noticed someone saying "with out bows, I did not notice you saying you had bows and tarp on ? maybe i missed it, if you do you do not need them for the pic, if you dont the exhust stack end is removable to make the height , that is allot easier than bleeding all those tires, if still to high lower the windshield, if its in its in, it does not need full dress for the pick .

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be able to squeeze it down 4 inches and back or pull it in.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went the Wreckerman route , had to use my "OTHER BARN" , but I do like the photo shop idea !

hunderliggur

It really will go in the garage. It will make it easier to paint, install the air assist, etc. it will also keep me from filling the garage with junk!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks