• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lower Injection Pump Bolt.... How???

Coonass77

This might be a big ask, but would someone be willing to post a picture of the setup they use to get at the lower injection pump mounting bolt on a turbo engine?
I've been trying for hours with every combination of swivel/u-joint socket and extension that I've got, but can't quite get the socket to fully engage the lower 15mm 12pt nut enough to loosen it. I'm all out of ideas and curse words...
A picture showing the socket, extensions and angle of attack would be pretty awesome and I'd gladly buy someone a few cold beverages of their choice if they can help me out...
Thanks guys!

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, what mogman posted is the original wrench used for this. Before i had those, i used a long drive and articulating end to the socket. Took me some time to get confortable doing it, but doable. You have to remove all the lines prior to getting to the bottom bolt. Good luck.