• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lowering LMTV Cab after Manually Pumping Up to Fix Fan Clutch Airline and Throttle PS

Crapgame

Like it says, I manually pumped up the cab tilt so I could replace the fan clutch airline and throttle position sensor. I tried to lower it using the hydraulic manifold controls but I can't quite get it to pass the balance point in order to secure everything before it rains like **** tomorrow. Do I have to release the pressure in the manual pump system or do I have to climb up in the tilted cab, start it to fill the air tanks to lower it?

Crapgame

Finally, frick man. Set all the selectors to lower, used the pump to overcome the pivot point and it eventually gently lowered itself. I didn't want to break my neck climbing into the cab and riding it down..... I even tried to use my cane to hit the start buttom but no joy no joy.

Ronmar

Yep, set the selector on the hydraulic panel to “cab lower” and pump it down past the balance point... oh, and with a stepstool, it is not too difficult to reach in the open drivers door to hit the main and starter switch...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks