• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

rustystud

I could find a 332 moog on advance autos website. I want to get a u joint out first and measure to confirm because there is like 5 threads on here that all have a different u joint for the driveshaft
I also found out about all the different sizes of U-joints used by the deuce. My front has a different one from the rears, and the tranny to transfer case is a totally different size all together.

Well I'm back

Sorry guys didn't see your questions..... That was just 1/4" dot air line and dot air fittings. I'm bit dealing with stupid little check valve air vents that stick and blow seals. I'm trying to make my truck better then what it originally was.

Drove my truck to work today and it ran great. I had it up to 65 and it wonders a little bit so I'll have to flip the spring perches and see if that helps.

Tomorrow is mounting the bed and making the seat mounts..... I got the wood cut tonight

It's so nice to have my truck back on the road I love driving it.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Bed is pretty much mounted I just have to add the springs in the front.

Also made the mounts for my seats and got them in place I just have to bolt them down. It's nice having leather power seats lol

Also painted the underneath of the truck from the back of the cab forward is finished. I just have to do the bumper and the grill then finish up the rear axle and frame.

After all that I had a little fun in my yard on a boulder. Who ever said they don't flex can go pound sand cause it would have went right up over the boulder but I like my battery box. The rock is like 3 feet high too and it crawled right up it no problem.

Attachments

Seats are done and bolted down and boy are they sweet. I had to pull the parking brake out a little to clear the seat but all is well.

The light bar is wired and functional now and I also got led turn signals today. Boy are they bright. Idk if I posted it yet either but I mounted my a3 wipers a few weeks ago too and they are awesome. Tomorrow comes the front spring perch flip and some welding and that's should be all the major stuff done..... All little things from here on out.

http://youtu.be/nyZUi3K52Pg

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are those seats out of?

They are out of a dodge durango.

And yes in the next few weeks I'll be loading up tires and heading your way.

Also this morning I did the gringeltaube perch mod and set the toe in to 1/4". It drives so much better. Doing 60 on the highway is no longer scary which is a bad thing lol. I'm glad I did it though. The truck is a little harder to steer but drives straight and true now.

Also got pulled over for my light bar this morning. The cop was being a dick and said I had to cover the clear lenses and I wasn't supposed to run it for no reason. I said so being hit cause I'm slower then everyone else is not good enough? He didn't say nothing. He didn't say a freakin word about no mudflaps or the tires sticking out a foot either. What a deusch