• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lt. Dan - The dream Deuce

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.................Today I went to inspect; the hole is to keep the transfercase in neutral. I've driven the truck quite a bit in both high and low range. So far everything is working flawlessly......
Glad to hear! Enjoy your new acquisition!

G.

18operator

Welcome from Northern Ohio! Nice looking truck. I wondered what the bolt holes under the passenger seat were for. The com system. Thanks for the pictures.

someoldmoose

Welcome from Central PA. Glad to see a proud soldier back out doin' what she was made for, driving, not sitting in a museum. Best of luck and huge congrats on your score,

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad I could help with your MV addiction. Ask me for any advice you need... except rebuilding the engine. 3 times in a row I have gotten blow-by after a rebuild. I give up!

Venomox

Once again thank you all for the warm welcome. I finally have insurance on the Deuce. Next week I'll head to the DMV and get some plates, then we should be ready to rock. No more resorting to the back field!

I do take back a previous statement - currently there is a headlight out, and the horn isn't working. I need to take the multimeter to the horn and see if it's at least getting voltage. Hopefully I don't need to tear into the steering column.

Deuce 1.jpgDeuce 2.jpgDeuce 3.jpg

Here's a little video unloading the entire semi. Afterwards there's walk around of the Deuce for the guys who want to check out the details.

Venomox

That's a mighty fine collection you got there.

It's like "instant MV motor pool".

What kicked off the buying binge?!
Thank you. I needed the Deuce to cross off a bucket list item. The two Jeeps on the semi were purchased just to flip; and that paid for all transport costs of the Deuce. However I kept the trailer for my own shenanigans.

Yesterday dad and I went to the DMV and officially registered the Deuce. A normal a 25 minute trip turned into about 40 minutes taking all the backgrounds. The interior was so loud we actually used a dB tester. 5 more dB and she causes permanent hearing damage. We definitely wore the headsets. My replica gun causes severe wind noise, as if the barrel is catching the wind in an odd way above 40 mph.

My dreams of long-hauling with the truck have just about vanished, and I'm looking forward to smaller trips around the countryside. I need to address the temperature gauge not working. And to figure out the intercom system. Everyone we passed was excited to see the truck running about, there was neck breakage and waves on every street.