• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT295/75R 16" tire's on 16" X 8" rims

Jozseph

FWIW

Purchased 4 TOYO Open Country AT II Xtreme LT 295/75R16 128R 10 Ply 16" tire's as they have a max load single rating of 3,970 lbs at 80 psi, this is the highest load rating I have located in 16" tires

Having original CUCV rims re-hooped to 8" wide to match recommend width by TOYO.

Regards

Joseph

suzukovich

FWIW

Purchased 4 TOYO Open Country AT II Xtreme LT 295/75R16 128R 10 Ply 16" tire's as they have a max load single rating of 3,970 lbs at 80 psi, this is the highest load rating I have located in 16" tires

Having original CUCV rims re-hooped to 8" wide to match recommend width by TOYO.

Regards

Joseph
Funny, I was running Goodyears 315/75R16 on stock 1008 rims with no issues.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I was running Goodyears 315/75R16 on stock 1008 rims with no issues.

At full inflation pressure you should have seen increased wear in the center of the tread compared to the edges. Not a big deal....

OP certainly wouldn't see any significant issues without altering the OEM rims. Having them rehooped is an empty expenditure.

I have maybe half a million miles using tires slightly wider than the rim they're on. No issues other than wearing slightly faster in the center.

suzukovich

At full inflation pressure you should have seen increased wear in the center of the tread compared to the edges. Not a big deal....

OP certainly wouldn't see any significant issues without altering the OEM rims. Having them rehooped is an empty expenditure.

I have maybe half a million miles using tires slightly wider than the rim they're on. No issues other than wearing slightly faster in the center.
Front tire wear wasn't bad. Just ran at 35psi. Back tread were in the middle even at 35. But then again most of the time bed was empty. Being it was a 1028 it rode higher anyways.

LT67

315 75 16 KM2's on 16x8 wheels... perfect fit on my M1008. Nitto Terra Grappler 275 85 16's on 16x6.5 wheels on my 6000lb 79 K20 and they're not as solid as I wish they were. They're too soft for my liking. 16x8 wheels should cure it..

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the new shoes. I love 33in tires but I like them tall and skinny. I prefer 255/85/16 but I love my Toyo Open Country. They drive great and they wear very well. You will be happy for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks