• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lubrication Order Questions

WildernessJeep

I'm ordering a case of grease and fluids to change out on my new (to me) M936. I've got lubrication order questions. The original LO says to use MIL-G-10924, which seems like generic lubrication grease. I didn't see any NAPA equivalent on the 5-ton parts spreadsheet. What are you guys using for grease point lubrication?

Picture for attention.

Milo on a Crane.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
grease is grease in your situation. You aren't working it every day dawn to dusk. I use everything from Rotella grease to Lucas red and tacky to M50 gear grease from baton rouge industries and I run equipment everyday. Just maintain it properly.

M28 green grease is decent stuff as well.

You would want m-29 boom slide grease from baton rouge industries for your crowd boom.

They have an L673-10 cable coating for protecting your cables as well. Unless you want to put some gloves on with a barrel of grease and coat them by hand.

Attachments

Last edited:

fasttruck

Reference post 2: back in the day we used to pour OE10 over the cable while it was wound up on the drum. A pint would usually do. I am now told the Army has a new purposed liquid to preserve winch cables. Grease was frowned upon as the cable touched the ground it would attract more dirt and grit than an oiled cable. Also a proper winch cable has (or did have) a strand of manila rope in it to act as a wick and hold the oil. You could unwind a cable after a year and the center wraps would still be soaked in oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks