• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lucas oil additive

jollyroger

That's OK Hoff. Keep Jackin'. This thread has pretty much gone nowhere other than we all know it all and nobody knows nothin about nothin. I had a gone with the wind post all typed out but it got kicked out cause you and MCMULLAG posted before I could reloggin. It was all antecdotal so it would not count anyway.

So a dramatic reading of the history of the post: By Jollyroger:

Hey guys...Who digs Lucas or Amsoil? Hey man....I do....really? Cool man. Awesome guys. Me too. Really? That's like awesome and stuff. Hey dummies! It's like mystery goo you cave men intelect havin knuckle draggers. Theres no tests for or against the stuff. I voted for it before i voted against it. Good or bad up or down I would not run it cause it sucks. There's Lucas and Amsoil, then there's sliced bread that's how good it is. Really? That's like antecdotal evidence. Where is there a study for that? Is that API approved bread? I don't care. I'm eating it anyway. You suck smarty pants. Oh yeah! Well you suck cause you did not include a tripple redundant blind mans bluff study for how awesome that bread is......I like ponies.....What?! Your ponies suck cause they are not API approved ponies. What?! I was just saying I like ponies and I don't care who knows about it cause I'm gonna ride my ponies to the supermarket if I want to.....But not after dark cause that's dangerous. I would only ride an API approved pony. All other ponies are mystery goo ponies. I blew up so many ponies when I was in Iraq it was not even funny. That's my brother truck you primate so make sure you paint mine.........I think that about covers it.

Yes that was a rediculous, dramatic reading by Jollyroger. I feel like I just wasted an hour and a half reading this post looking for the Jewel of the Nile. And it never showed up.[thumbzup]

paulfarber

Hey MCMULLAG you know that ZMAX was sued in court for false advertising (their goo did nothing):

The FTC's complaint alleges that the defendants did not possess and rely on reasonable substantiation for the following claims in the infomercial, on the Web site and in brochures that zMax:

• increases gas mileage;
  • increases gas mileage by a minimum of 10%
  • reduces engine wear;
  • reduces or eliminates engine wear at startup;
  • reduces engine corrosion;
  • extends engine life; and
  • reduces emissions.

The agency's complaint also alleges that the defendants falsely represent that the results of the CRC L38 test proved that zMax:

• increases gas mileage;
  • reduces engine wear;
  • extends engine life;
  • lowers fuel consumption by 8.5%
  • lowers wear on valve stems by 66%
  • lowers wear on piston skirts by 60%; and
  • cuts carbon build-up on valve stems by 66%.

Finally, the FTC charges that in consumer testimonials and endorsements in their advertising, the defendants did not have substantiation for the representation that the endorsers' experiences were, "The actual and current opinions, findings, beliefs, and/or experiences of those consumers; and the typical or ordinary experience of members of the public who use the product.

The FTC is asking the court to bar the defendants from violating the FTC Act, which prohibits deceptive acts and to order consumer redress or require that they give up their ill-gotten gains.
This case is the latest in a series of FTC law-enforcement initiatives targeting unsubstantiated claims made by auto additive manufacturers. The FTC previously halted allegedly deceptive advertising by the marketers of Dura Lube, Motor Up, Prolong, Valvoline, Slick 50, and STP, other major brands of engine treatment products."

So we have CONCRETE PROOF that everything you stated was not a result of ZMAX if it even happened at all.

This is pretty much true for ALL engine goo. If it WAS doing what they said, they could prove it with a few lab tests. Where are they? Castrol GTX performs just as good as AMSOIL (its even on the AMSOIL site).

Remember synthetic OIL (AMSOIL, Mobile 1) is not the same thing as OIL ADDITIVES (like Lucas)

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not use it in my trucks engine but I dump about a half a quart into the fuel tank every time I fill the truck, does it help I am not 100% sure but my thoughts are that anything I can do to help lube the IP the better and longer life it will have!
KK