• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lucky me

FreightTrain

Banned
Nice,heat,Airshift,Straight hardtop,Supersingle radials,Great condition,Ether start.Now,what is that extra switch below the start assist switch under the dash?Didn't the ether kits just reuse the old Flame heater switch?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ether start switch did replace the flame heater switch. The other switch looks like the fan high low switch.

Coveralls

Kipman, you will appreciate those Xls on the country roads this winter. I had the same seat cushion on my first deuce. You might wand to add some extra padding as you start to go numb after a couple hrs. behind the wheel. Looks real good.

kipman

euc cleared 12/24/07, just got a BIG gift from santa, when I previewed the truck the batteries were dead, what are the best and cheapest to replace them??

FreightTrain

Banned
well,I ran MM on 39.95 walmart car batteries.I filled the voids with cut up 2x4s.You don't need the factory type batteries to run a deuce.There have been people that don't run batteries in their truck.They rig up a box with a pair of lawnmower batteries and use that to slave off the truck then disconnect the battery box.All you need batteries for is the starter.After it is running the alternator will run the truck.Now if you want to replace them with correct fitting batteries.6TLs.They are about $150 each.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks