• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lug nut pattern help

Shaggymedic

I recently acquired a M416 and M116 Pioneer Tool Trailer. I want to mount a spare tire on both and was wondering if anybody knew the bolt pattern on both. I measured them and believe they are 5 on 5 1/2". I am having a friend fabricate a plate and want to make sure. The 416 has NDT tires and the 116 has commercial tires. Both rims are different. Is the rim on the 116 the same as other 3/4 and 1 1/2 ton trailers? Any help would be appreciated.IMG_0110.jpgIMG_0321.jpgIMG_0335.jpgThanks.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M116 takes the same rim as a M101 ( 3/4 ton ) . M101A2's and A3's are different ( 8 lug) . The M416 pictured has the same rim as a M151 jeep. The 1 1/2 ton trailers use the same rims as a M35A2.

Shaggymedic

Ok. Great. Thanks for the info and the TM's. Do you happen to know if I am correct about the lug nut pattern? This is my first experience with military vehicles and don't know if they have the same patterns as civilian.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...........................Is the rim on the 116 the same as other 3/4 and 1 1/2 ton trailers?....
Do you happen to know if I am correct about the lug nut pattern?
1) You are correct about the M416 pattern: 5 on 5-1/2"
2) The bolt pattern on the M116 rim is 5 on 6-7/8" (same as M37 and variants, plus the M101A1 and -A2 (3/4ton) trailers, as stated earlier).
3) M105 (1-1/2ton) trailers share the same pattern as the M35 variants and all other M44 series trucks: 6 on 8-3/4"

G.

DeadParrot

These guys might have something if their powerwagon wheel fits. http://www.stocktonwheel.com/heavy_duty.html
Haven't called them yet as my 101a1 came with a spare although the 4-66 date code makes me a bit wary of it. The two mounted tires looked brand new when I picked it up, still had the casting nibs on them. Figured getting a functional spare could come after fixing the trailer up in case I found some major flaw with the trailer. None found so far.

Yes on the Budd nuts. Be aware that the threads on each side loosen in opposite directions. You will need an 1.5" socket/wrench and probably a cheater bar.