• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lug Nut Torque Specs.

MVtrucker

Ya got that right, Dixie, Back when we had a fleet of heating oil delivery trucks my dad and a helper used two 5' pieces of pipe on a T-bar lug wrench to tighten them. It was also a 2-man job to loosen them, and a solid jolt was encountered when they finally broke loose. I got old and invested in a 3/4" air impact, a real one, not Harbor China, and now it's an easy job.

Loose Deuce

I screwed up and cleaned my wheels and repainted them front and back, and put them back on and tighten them with my NEW Craftsman 3/4" impact. Took a short drive and checked them and most all of them were loos enough to turn them by hand. I guess I shouldn't have painted the wheel where the wheel touched the hub.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure that the paint would have much effect once the assembly is torqued properly. Would be worth checking, I suppose.
Personally, I like to test the lug nuts manually now and then in case the impact setting has been changed.
I guess the Loose Deuce is living up to his name. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks