• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Luminaria Walk 2015 at Elephant Butte Lake State Park

NMSMITTY

This years event will be held December 12th and our hope is that our Southwest Steel Soldiers camp will again dominate the fundraiser. We have won the lighting contest the last 3 years and plan to do it again going bigger and better. We also can proudly say that we have raised the most money for the make a wish foundation each year as well. Plan to come down and participate and have a great time. We have had 9 trucks this last year all lite up with lights, a light tree. Please contact me Dennis Smith thru here, by cell 575.496.2112 or on facebook at Southwest Steel Soldiers. Hope to see you guys all again as well as some new faces.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was surprised to see how many Military trucks were in Elephant Butte Lake. We were down there last June.
Due to the decade long drought we have been experiencing in this area, the lake has been in the 5 to 15 percent of capacity. What we are lacking in water, we have in beach area. Luckily, there are those of us that have "land yachts" that are able to capitalize on the situation.

Attachments

NMSMITTY

I got notified this weekend that there is an additional camp spot and was ask if we could go ahead and take it over so that we would have more room for the trucks. it will be right next to ours so we can use it as we need. bring any extra decorations that you would like. One of the things we are doing this year is we have a small decon DRASH tent that is blue so we are going to decorate with lights and use fog machines to make it an ice cave entrance to our site so anything is welcome, just bring it ready to set up early Saturday the 12th. I will be getting parking passes on the 5th, these do not apply to the trucks for display but POV's. Remember we do need wood for the fire and bring goodies to give out for donations. Looking forward to another winning year for the Southwest Steel Soldiers and the Make a wish foundation.

NMSMITTY

We also got invited to participate in the T or C light parade Friday Night the 11th. I will not be able to participate but if you are interested let me know and I can fwd information! Remember bring some goodies to hand out and extension cords to get to the power. I will be meeting this Saturday with the organizers to get pov passes, although only needed if you don't have a camp or daily access pass. Does not apply to the trucks for the display. 575.496.2112

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Darn, I will not be able to make the Friday thing. That would be so cool to have the decorated fleet all lined up there tooling down main street.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bumping back up cause it's TOMORROW!!! Reminding again that wood is needed for the bonfire. I have not heard Powell pipe in that he will attend and Ferrell already said he couldn't. They were the go-to guys for firewood.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a wonderful time!!! Thanks Dennis, for setting this up again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks