• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lunette lock?

steelandcanvas

If I had a wrench I would take the bolts off and put on my own lunette and have your trialer.. Sorry you wasted your money.rofl
So now you're towing the trailer down the road with a lunette, chain and padlock hanging from the tongue? Hopefully, this would gain the attention of a sharp-eyed LEO. The security devices mentioned in this thread only slow down a thief, and keep honest people honest. I don't think anybody is "wasting their money" by trying to do this.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To sum up, the goal is to REDUCE the possibility of theft, you will never completely remove that possibility. A thief prepared enough can take anything. What you are primarily trying to do is prevent a theft of opportunity, and deter that theft.

Case in point, most people have a wooden shed behind their house. Most have a padlock or two on it. The theft of opportunity is prevented, most thieves would see the padlocks and stop there. A determined thief would plan out the theft AROUND the padlocks, taking a sledgehammer to the padlock hasp, or knocking out the hinges, or taking a chainsaw to the wood walls and make his own door. The good news is 99% of the thieves out there are thieves of opportunity. Determined, professional thieves are more rare.

So - do what you can to stop the thieves of opportunity. The pros you can't worry about, they will go around your defenses.

NEIOWA

I love the Police.Dont get me wrong.. But the mission of any police dept is not to deter an illegal act . It is to deal with the crime after it occures..

A "mission" would be a written statement of what the individual dept objectives are. Likely no 2 the same. Hopefully their existance deters crime. If not the entire justice/prison system is a waste.

More correctly Police have no legal DUTY to protect you. They do have a DUTY to help clean up your mess after a crime has been committed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks