• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lunette Ring to 2 Inch Ball Adapter

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a very neat idea, and well executed, but I'm with the last two guys, getting a pintle hitch for the truck side is easier. However, if you just wanted to build something different and new, you succeeded!

jtpasto

Ball Adapter

This ball adapter only works on a M101A1 (no surge brakes).

The second question. I use a pintle receiver hitch that has the NATO connector installed (see attached pictures) when I pull the trailer. The ball hitch is for others if they barrow the trailer.

Attachments

blue_mongoose

anybody setup something going the other way? My powerwagon has a pintle setup welded to the truck. I've been trying to fab an adapter that would allow a 2" ball to fit on it.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a pintle setup that has a 2" ball as the bottom part of the C shape and a regular pintle type hinged top piece. You just lock the top piece up and use it like a ball hitch, drop the top and it is a pintle hitch. It bolts on in the same pattern as the regular pintle, or you can bolt it to a piece of square receiver stock with a flange welded on the end. I have found them at any good industrial hardware store.