• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1009 cucv roof rack

islandguydon

Can anyone tell me where I can find this same roof rack.

I had one of these and it looks like the SCRAP MONSTER took it and turned it in for scrap. My fault for thinking it would be safe not under lock and key.

I had this picture on file and have no idea where it came from and who this Blazer belongs to. The rack was identical. Just looking for a replacement.

Attachments

ssdvc

Someone on here was going to build them. A search should turn up the post. I don't know how far he got with the testing and selling them.

yeah looked real nice, I think they were talking about them being like 2k! A bit steep for me although real nice looking. I need to get my spin on mod done so I can drive my blazer to my folks metal shop and come up with an idea on some universal arm. My concern is using a real heavy rack like the military gypsy rack, making a solid strong mount using the antenna mounts.

islandguydon

Mine cost me $1,400.00 Complete with wire harness, 2 IR lights each side, 2 front and 2 rear lights built in. The harness went to a green 6 switch control box for interior use. All I have left is the control box. I thought it was a good deal at the time and still do.

ryan77

Looks like something you could make your self by retrofitting a stock landrover top and some antenna brackets!!

edpdx

The design in the OP looks Heavy Duty; but I was thinking about the type of base that slips in between the bed rail and the base of the fiberglass top. It sticks out just enough to weld or bolt the uprights on to. I have seen them designed as tabs and as long plates that run the length of the rail.

Does anyone know if these can be purchased separately?

ajsmith184

Islandguy. there was a somebody selling a M1009 with a bad engine on CL...maybe find it and contact him, see if he was willing to make a few extra bucks before somebody buys the whole truck..

The design in the OP looks Heavy Duty; but I was thinking about the type of base that slips in between the bed rail and the base of the fiberglass top. It sticks out just enough to weld or bolt the uprights on to. I have seen them designed as tabs and as long plates that run the length of the rail.

Does anyone know if these can be purchased separately?

I might try to weld something like that up this week for my gypsy rack