• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1009 Speedometer face plate problem

Lagers4myhead

I learned that it is a bad idea to take the gauge cluster apart in my M-1009. I was trying to get to the bulbs and the face plate of the speedometer fell off leaving a tral of wire to the needle and looked like a broken tape measurer. Of course after this happened i went and read the tech manual and I realize I should have taken the gauge cluster apart but like I said, I learned something. Has this happened to anyone else? Can I wind the wire back up? How bad is this?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad, I think this is the first time it's happened. You need to go buy a new one or go to a salvage yard and pick up a used one.

HAWKMAN

If you can get it back together it will never be the same, your speedo will be off. These things are assembled by machines so not likely to get it back perfect by hand. If you can't get yours in one piece and can't find one close I have them available, PM me if you need.