• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1009 wanted, Ontario Canada

hagglunds

Hi Guys,

Got talked out of getting an M1010 due to the eletrical issues on the one I found up here, so I'm looking now for an M1009 Blazer. It's complicated to get one from the US apparently, but if any one has one for sale that could be shipped, or knows of one already up here in Ottawa, or anywhere close, that would be really helpfull.

Thanks

Nick Tilgner
The Cold War Collection
Ottawa
613-274-2982
nicholas_a55@hotmail.com

K45

You help me get an Iltis and I can get a m1009. :razz: i do not know about your laws but to bring yalls vehicle here if it is more than 25 yrs old nothing is needed? There are plenty of 84 m1009s here so that would work good for you if that rule applies. The only problem is the better shape ones are either out west or down south in my area and thats not guarnteed. Let me know if I can help. i know where many are. Whats your price range?

Wolf.Dose

Sorry, 1984 M1009 are reare, 1985 and 1986 models are more common. A Iltis is Germany goes according to condition from 2000 Euro, good ones are from 5000 Euros, perfect ones sometimes are over 10000 Euros. But the market is decreasing, no more surplus. The German Army is out of stock. And how many are left with the Canadina Army I realy have no idea. Also Belgian vehicles are also rare these days.
Wolf

K45

Thanks for the info wolf. I was half joking with the trade. I would help anyone get one if I could.I am jut being optimistic I might can get one of the iltis's but not sure I can afford one.

chester247

Hi Guys,

Got talked out of getting an M1010 due to the eletrical issues on the one I found up here, so I'm looking now for an M1009 Blazer. It's complicated to get one from the US apparently, but if any one has one for sale that could be shipped, or knows of one already up here in Ottawa, or anywhere close, that would be really helpfull.

Thanks

Nick Tilgner
The Cold War Collection
Ottawa
613-274-2982
nicholas_a55@hotmail.com
i have a nice rust free 85 m1009 for sale

m109guy

A Iltis is Germany goes according to condition from 2000 Euro, good ones are from 5000 Euros, perfect ones sometimes are over 10000 Euros. But the market is decreasing, no more surplus. The German Army is out of stock. And how many are left with the Canadina Army I realy have no idea. Also Belgian vehicles are also rare these days.
Wolf
The Bombardier Iltis is easily available up here. The government finally put the last of them up for surplus over a year ago, but there are many people with them for sale. I could buy one tomorrow if I wanted to, but I already have my fill of them and just recently sold 2 of the 3 we had.

http://www.militarytrucks.ca/iltis.htm

Prices for an iltis range from $1000-3000 depending on condition for a standard unit. Price goes up for a special unit like a fully equipped radio or ambulance iltis.

And as for exporting them to the US, that isn't a problem. Unlike the US government, who sees all non-Americans as possible terrorists and doesn't want their vehicles exported, the Canadian government doesn't care about some absolute 20+ year old vehicles being sold to a friendly country like our brothers in the US. The only problem you could possibly have is getting it registered in your state, depending on the laws for registering old vehicles.

Good luck on your search for a M1009.

Last edited:

chester247

hi guys,

got talked out of getting an m1010 due to the eletrical issues on the one i found up here, so i'm looking now for an m1009 blazer. It's complicated to get one from the us apparently, but if any one has one for sale that could be shipped, or knows of one already up here in ottawa, or anywhere close, that would be really helpfull.

Thanks

nick tilgner
the cold war collection
ottawa
613-274-2982
nicholas_a55@hotmail.com
i have a rust free m1009 85 for sale

WPNS421

Did you try Carleton Automotive in Carleton place, he usually has one or two. To those interested in having a Cdn Iltis, very easy to bring to the US if you do the paperwork for BCP. As with as govt agencies do the paerwork and you can get things done. Either for importing or exporting. M109 Deuce guy has the facts. A point of discussion, jeeps are getting rare because teh US does not have a small type jeep vehicle. The smallest vehicles that were offered was the Humvee, no longer available. So all the guys looking for an MV will be converted from the small to the larger MV. I am one of the converted started with jeeps and now we have 7 deuces 1952 to 1983. Like the women say the bigger the better.:wink::wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks