• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m 103a3 recovery

jbk

i picked up a m103a3 yesterday. iam trying to remove the the lunette to flip it. attacked it this morning with a mall wont budge. has anyone else had a stubborn one?

dittle

Do a search for lunette flip on the website. Lots of different methods listed by different people on different trailers.

maplehillfrm

sometimes you need a LOT of penetrating oil,, you may also want to try pounding the lunnete IN,, this can loosen the rust,sometimes side to side with a outward hit,,:twisted:, then commence pounding it OUT,, I have had luck doing it this way,, also a side note you dont have to take the nut all the way off to flip the lunnette,, good luck,pat

rmgill

A bitt of heat. Get an impact hammer and have someone hammer on the housing while you tap the shaft out with a hammer. Put a bolt on the shaft to keep from buggering the threads.

jbk

got it. looked at a previous thread and backed the nut against a wrench placed between the landing gear plate and the shaft end . thanks all

DUECE-COUPE

loosen the nut, get TWO 5 lbs sledge hammers and 1 good friend, and a new can of WD 40. spray liberal amounts on out side and in side, let sit for 10 minutes, start hitting lunette from both sides alternating strikes. should come loose. the lunette is a tapered fit, so after it starts to move it will keep moving

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks