• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-105 Recovery Completed for Fellow Member

ARYankee

I went this morning to Camp Robinson and recovered a really nice M105 trailer for Snarky. There were some glitches with the recovery and that is why I'm writing this post. I ended up taking out my driver side mirror along with a Pepsi truck's driver side mirror. What happened was we were both too close to the center yellow line because the road is narrow and I wasn't paying 100% attention because I was looking around along with watching out for pedestrians and them boom. Mirror glass went flying everywhere in the cab. I kind of freaked out at first because I was worried about my daughter who was riding shotgun. She started crying so I got pulled out of the road and checked her out and she was fine. Now I suffered some cuts but I will heal. I'm just sad becasue I have a broken mirror now and it won't heal. All in all everyone was fine and there had to be a report since it happened on post but no one was faulted. The wild part was supposedly the driver's CDL had been expired since May...wow. I guess things happen for a reason. What I'm getting at is just remember that some of these vehicles are large and do stick out so make sure you have enough room. Lesson learned for me.

Great recovery though because I got to poke around on the lot and look at all the cool future items that will be coming up for bid. I love doing that :)