• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1078 no dash lights

tybaslee

I have a 1995 LMTV with 15K miles. everything works except the lights in the cab. all exterior lights work as they should. I checked all the circuit breakers GTG. gauge lights, CTIS controller lights, lights for the heater are all not working. the transmission range selector and pod that shows air breaks and blinker indicators work. any ideas?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to eliminate the obvious, you have actuated up the left bottom light switch lever?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The dash lights are all on one circuit coming off the light switch going thru the dimmer. Use a multimeter and diagnose it. Light switch has to be on at least the first click. Left bottom switch needs to be all the way up. Be careful when you take the dash panel off the plugs come out of the trans ecu very easily and if you dont notice it, when you put the dash back together you wont be able to go anywhere.

tybaslee

That's my next stop. I have already had the Trans ecu issue. It took an hour and took the dash apart twice before I noticed it was unplugged

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are relays for headlights and a blinker module or relay. Check all of your relays. Some are 12v coil some are 24v. Some need the center terminal some don't. It's very confusing. You have 12v relays switching 24v and 24v relays switching 12v. You have to read the diagram on the back of the cover panel carefully.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks