• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1095 5 ton Cargo Trailer Questions

Steelreaper80

I did a site search and didn't find much info on these. I have two M925A2's and I am wondering if these would be a good fit for the truck. I was also wondering if these can be converted into a dump trailer set up.

I would also want to put 2 zero turn mowers on this. Could ramp brackets be fitted anywhere so they could be secured while driving them on and off the trailer?

Just curious if these could be converted into use in a commercial mowing application.

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I did a site search and didn't find much info on these. I have two M925A2's and I am wondering if these would be a good fit for the truck. I was also wondering if these can be converted into a dump trailer set up.

I would also want to put 2 zero turn mowers on this. Could ramp brackets be fitted anywhere so they could be secured while driving them on and off the trailer?

Just curious if these could be converted into use in a commercial mowing application.

Thanks!
They are tall trailers. About 4.5ft. They don't pop up for sale very often. Dump bed would be easier. You would need to turn your truck up to be able to pull it fairly decently. They are heavy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

big block 88

Ive considered one in the past. But it would be too high to haul my skidder i feel. But a dump trailer would be killer.

as for ramps... its metal... you can do whatever you want.

Steelreaper80

I commonly pull my tractor and bush hog combo. Usually around 16-20K. Pulls it fine. Still does 60MPH on the highway. I do want to turn both trucks up a tad though. Is the 2.5 ton version of this trailer much smaller or more practical?

NV555

I commonly pull my tractor and bush hog combo. Usually around 16-20K. Pulls it fine. Still does 60MPH on the highway. I do want to turn both trucks up a tad though. Is the 2.5 ton version of this trailer much smaller or more practical?
I have a 1082 and bumper pulled it from NM to NV no problems behind my Ram 2500 6.7. It was a surprise it pulled a lot better than my 105A3.

The LMTV trailers are really tall for sure. I like the dump idea though since with a dump things would be loaded on and dumped off so easy. Going up with fold down ramps would be a problem.

Camel Driver

Thanks!
All you want to haul is two zero turns? That's a WHOLE LOT of trailer just for that. There are some nice aluminum ramps available. I have a set of 2, 14 foot long ramps with 6000 pound total capacity. I can load cars and light pickups into a standard dry van semi-trailer. They can be spread apart for the width of a car or truck or, they can be locked together for foot traffic or narrower vehicles. It's not easy but I can move each ramp by myself if needed. They are not cheap though. Luckily, a friend was picking up scrap iron at a retired truck drivers house and the guy offered him the ramps for nothing. It was my lucky day, I was able to trade a civilian 10k generator for them. They are VERY handy as I no longer have to pay for "liftgate service" when I buy something heavy! I don't remember if there is a name tag still on them but, if anyone is interested in something like that I can take a look or at least take some pics for you.

Steelreaper80

That would be awesome! If I can drive the mowers on and off that is what I need. I currently load the mowers on and off the bed of the truck by driving them into a pallet I custom made then using my loader on my tractor to load it on and off the truck. It works ok but even if the property does not need the tractor and can be mowed by zero turn only I still have to unload the tractor to unload the mower.....P.I.T.A!

Swamp_Fox

All you want to haul is two zero turns? That's a WHOLE LOT of trailer just for that. There are some nice aluminum ramps available. I have a set of 2, 14 foot long ramps with 6000 pound total capacity. I can load cars and light pickups into a standard dry van semi-trailer. They can be spread apart for the width of a car or truck or, they can be locked together for foot traffic or narrower vehicles. It's not easy but I can move each ramp by myself if needed. They are not cheap though. Luckily, a friend was picking up scrap iron at a retired truck drivers house and the guy offered him the ramps for nothing. It was my lucky day, I was able to trade a civilian 10k generator for them. They are VERY handy as I no longer have to pay for "liftgate service" when I buy something heavy! I don't remember if there is a name tag still on them but, if anyone is interested in something like that I can take a look or at least take some pics for you.
I would be interested (2 plus years later:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks