• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-113 APC and friends.

EwaMarine

We helped out a HS film project about Vietnam....Tet offensive response to Tan Son Nhut airbase short story. We did this for free and had a blast doing it!! Check it out:

Attachments

EwaMarine

Was good fun..easy to do and organize...we shot it according to the script with two M-35s, M-113, M-38A1, M-37, and a UH-1H Huey. Uniforms were the museums and the helo,113, 35s, and weapons. We had 2 M-16s, 1 RPG, 1 AK-47, on M-60, and two 45s for the MPs.lol...It was really easy to do as we organized as a normal unit. Supply, mess section, engineers, motor T, etc. We hooked them up with what would cost a real movie production probably about 150K to shoot as a legit film..lol..

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Lucky" them! Hope they realized and appreciated what was given. Thanks for sharing the pics here. Welcome aboard S.S. too, by the way!

God bless,
Tony

215Dave

This project sounds truly amazing! What's further amazing is that my dad was in Vietnam from Dec '67 to Dec '68...
wait for it.... At Tan Son Nhut. He has told me about what he experienced during TET. Wild stuff! I'd love to see this film project and I'm sure he'd love to see it as well. If you could provide a link or something, I'd love to check it out and of course show dad.

EwaMarine

Dave,
Ill try and get more stuff up from the kids project. This was for Kapolei High School. We had wounded, and the Huey was towed down the street to the old NAS Barbers Point Commisary which was two quonsets...and that doubled as our hospital in the rear...the parking lot was the medevac pad! lol...the mule was used to off load the litters from the Huey. We spun the rotors with a rope......so it looked like the huey was winding down...aircrew were examining battle damage in the background while the patients were being tended to....MPs were there due to one of the wounded being VC and captured weapons were being secured....Mustve had about fifteen people in one shot...LOL...This was for a history class. Radical.

215Dave

Dave,
Ill try and get more stuff up from the kids project. This was for Kapolei High School. We had wounded, and the Huey was towed down the street to the old NAS Barbers Point Commisary which was two quonsets...and that doubled as our hospital in the rear...the parking lot was the medevac pad! lol...the mule was used to off load the litters from the Huey. We spun the rotors with a rope......so it looked like the huey was winding down...aircrew were examining battle damage in the background while the patients were being tended to....MPs were there due to one of the wounded being VC and captured weapons were being secured....Mustve had about fifteen people in one shot...LOL...This was for a history class. Radical.
Sounds good! I look forward to seeing more pics and hopefully the finished project. Maybe, if the film is short enough and the file is small enough, it can be emailed....? Just a thought. Waiting with baited breath.... :popcorn:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks