• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1151 Basic Up Armor Installation

jpinst

I am embarking on a new project and I have given myself a drew weeks to finish it. I have all the parts, minus the bots and washers that I will need to order.

Basically, I am taking my M1151 HMMWV (minus the basic armor) and adding the basic armor. See the pics. Notice it has wheel well armor, under body armor and rocker panel armor. The rest is added on in stages as needed. This is my first stage of the project - to take it to the basic level of armor. First I have to install the fender A/C units.

has anybody undertaken this job before and do they have any advice or suggestions? As you know, figuring it out along the way can increase the work, damage parts and make one wish he never started....(been there many times)m1151_33_of_83 copy.jpgm1151_34_of_83 copy.jpg

Thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks