• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-116A2 VS. M-116A3 Differences

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking of selling my super nice M-116A2 Pioneer tool trailer and buying a M-116A3 flat gen trailer. But I am not sure of the major differences between the
M-116A2 and the A3 version ,correct me if I am wrong but the A3 uses the HUMMWV
rim and tire and has the stepped axle assy.? what are the other differences and what should I expect to give for a real,real nice M-116A3? Any help and input(including a good source for M-116A3 ) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any
info!!!

popacom / Bill in KY. [thumbzup]

m38inmaine

The A3 has wider fenders, sometimes with an extension sometimes factory made one piece, wider axle for the hummer tire, was not aware the axle was different other than wider. They also usually have the jack built into the landing leg. Another thing I noticed was that most if not all of them did not have stake pockets for the bows as I believe they were designed for ASK or TQG which had their own enclosure and did not need a tarp. There is a nice one on ebay right now and I thought there was one here in the classifieds, also check with pctrans in FL.

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! I will check it out m38inmaine, There was a guy a couple of towns away from me who
got one out of Virginia that was like new,but he wanted to modify it to haul his four wheeler or some
thing. He is a member of SS,can't remember what his avatar is ,tried everyway I knew to trade him my M-116A2 which was in nice shape but he was dead set on using the A3. but such is life !!!!
Thanks for your time and information.

popacom / BILL in Ky.:mrgreen:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one that I could be talked out of. Wished we were nearby or had a ride each way, I'd be interested in another pioneer tool trailer trade. Only problem with mine is I still haven't submitted the papers for the title. As far as differences they have all been listed. Mine has the bolt on fender extensions, no pockets, HMMWV rolling stock and the stepped up axle. It doesn't have the crank up landing gear though. Both of the 116A3s I bought did not but the 101A3 did! If your not in a federal rush to make a trade, things could probably be moved free in Oct.

Edit, the 116A3 should have a 1" taller frame structure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks