• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-123

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well folks I have a little story for you. I have been driving by an old truck all summer and all I could see on it was the top of the cab, I told my daughter about seeing it and she finally said Dad we need to look at that truck, I found an employee at the business who gave me permission to have a look at the old girl, when I cam around the corner of his building I Immediately saw that it was an MACK M-123, its got the original LeRoi V-8 in it right along with a hole in the block where it appears that a rod decided to exit and the truck is missing the drive shaft from the transfer case to the middle differential otherwise it appears to all be there. So I bought it this evening! I do not have the facilities or equipment necessary to work on a truck of this size, I have set the 5 tons as my limit and this is way beyond that. The truck will be for sale to anybody who can put her back to its former great self, Please PM me if interested it will be in my posession early next week, I will be able to supply pics and price when you PM me Thanks much!
KK

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you paid more than scrap value for it you may have a new lawn ornament.

There are two 123's close to me and an M125......no one is beating down the guy's door to get them.

Don't get me wrong....I think they are cool trucks but the logistics of owning one have never appealed to me.

They are heavy, slow, loud, uncomfortable and will empty a fuel tank just idling.

Good luck finding it a new home.

Andy1234

Karl,
I'm in the same boat, but with 3 of them.
One is a parts truck and I might be able to supply the driveshaft, but I won't know until I get it home in a few weeks.
Good luck,
Andy

moose97

I'd love to see some pics of your new truck. I don't think I could afford it (or repair it myself), at least right now... How much were you looking for? I'm about 2 hours from you in Bemidji.

Mack Attack

Banned
The LeRoi Is the best engine ! 297hp/725tq its a beast, The Cummins diesel only makes 300hp/580tqrofl

edit:
My wife would shoot me, If i bought such a truck makes it tempting :popcorn:

Last edited: