• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-170 Paint and hood

redbeard1

I have a 1959 M-170 and a 1950 M38, I am looking to paint them both, anybody know what the original paint colors are and where to buy them. I am also looking for a part on the hood, there is a rectangular hole in the hood on the passenger side close to the windshield, it looks like a vent or something went there. Can anyone tell me what this part is called and where to get it?

Thanks,
Marc

Paladin6

Marc,
Hello. You're not talking about the hole for the second battery in the cowl on passenger side are you?
What period do you want to reflect for the vehicles? Early 50s OD will be a different shade then late 50s. For a 1950 and a 1959 would both be different if original. The vehicles were frequently repainted later in service, so could go with the late 50s for both if you wanted to keep it simple.
Sounds like a nice pair of vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks