• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m 211 bearings

butch atkins

swapping bearing

take care when you do this ,visually compare the radius of the new bearing to the old one ,the side that goes against the flange on the axle housing,MAKE SURE that the inner race of the bearing fits FLUSH against the flange ont he axle housing ,i bought "replacement bearings "and they didnt fit flush against the flange face,when you try to tighten the brngs for the initial fit all they did was press a dent into the radius and didnt go flush against the flange face,would have been a disaster on down the road if i hadnt seen what had happened,there was a 1/4 inch gap between the brng race and the axle housing flange,not enough contact area to keep inner brng race from spinning under load,result would be ruined axle bearing housing,just be careful with any "replacement bearings",good luck on your project

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then you didn't get replacement bearings! The way you know you get the right ones is to take an original down to the parts store!

butch atkins

took one with me,the parts person said this was what was called out for as "replacement bearings,part # was superseded ,called Memphis Equipment and 4 days later had correct bearings.And as a side note to anyone working on one of these trucks ,ALWAYS take whatever part you are working on with you when you are trying a civilian parts store for "replacement parts"save $ and time,good luck on all your projects

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK - I didn't say it exactly right. Never trust a parts guy. Always check the number and kind of stuff they give you, right there on the counter. It seems as soon as you drop your guard, you'll be making the trip back to the store for an exchange. Even with the best of intentions, mistakes are made!

jasonjc

It's not just the guy at the counter, its corporate. I tried to get the copper washers for the banjo bolts on a m35 wheel cyc. from one of the big chain parts stores. I had the right 2 #s but the chain cross them both to the same 1 #. They ,the bean counters at corporate, thought they were close enought to the same size to just stock one size!

makeshiftrod

would any of you all know where i could get the rubber brake lines that go from the body above the rear axle down to the axle? im having a hard time finding them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks