• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 211 Brakes

Mastertech

Ok so who ever said that these trucks will stop on a dime and give you 9 cents change was severly understating the braking capabilities of these trucks. After completing a complete brake system rebuild on my M211 including All hard lines and flexible hoses. I have to say she will not give you 9 cents back she will give you back the whole dime and the asphalt and rubber that you just ripped up when you stepped on the whoo pedal. But really I just cant believe how well this thing stops. Full lock up at will, no question. When you say it will put you the windshield, This truck will literally put you thru the windshield if you dont have a good hold on something. I can see why they put the foot brace bar in the later trucks. Does everyones 135/211 stop this good?

nattieleather

I said that phrase stop on dime and give 9 cents change..I was taking into acount NDT and wet pavement...:lol: I've owend both an M211 and a M35A2 and I would much rather have the stopping power of the M211 than the M35 any day of the week. It's a lot of work to do the complete system, but once you've done it and everything is working right it's a real pleasure to drive theses trucks. I miss my M211....to bad my motor went belly up and I sold it to get a M35 because I wanted speed... :)

Gunner0311

:driver:My son and I are in the process of converting a M207(Dump Variation) to Hydraulic Brakes
after replacing the original I6 with a GM V-8(454) and Turbo 400 Transmission. We decided to go
hydrauic brakes instead of having to mount a different air pump. I will let you know how well the
new brakes work in a month or so. We have installed a "Hydo-Boost" brake system from a 1 Ton
GM stake truck.

Have Fun!!!

butch atkins

SIS (self inflicted stupidity),dont hit the brakes hard at speed on wet icy roads,i was lucky no one was in the other lane ,complete 360 degree circle and came to rest against curb on opposite lane,you can still see the crease in the drivers seat from my butt cheeks clinching up,fresh brake job and adjustment ,a little stupidity will go along way,congrats on your toy,i installed military seat belts in my M211 after a camaro and a panic stop,maybe you should think about this,totaled camaro and fractured r ankle from standing on brake pedal at impact,good luck on your project [thumbzup]

Gunfreak25

This is not the first time I have heard of how well these can stop. I was talking with a member here on the phone a few months ago and he recalled having stomping on the brakes once at 50mph with his dog in the passenger seat. His dog hit the dash (unharmed) and he just about knocked himself out on the steering wheel. :lol: So now I do understand the reason for the dash bars and foot bars...only trouble is I would hate to hit my face on that dash bar. Probably the reason why so many are found with them missing, they are probably still stuck to the foreheads of some unlucky GI's.

Gunner, you said your M215 (m207) deuce is powered by a 454 and th400. Coincidentally, the member I was just speaking about also has his M211 powered with a 455 and th400. And another coincidence, my very own M211 is also powered by a 455 Olds and th400. I'll have to send you a PM and get more details on your exact setup, I don't know many G749 owners with V8 big blocks in them.

-Tom

fuelhog2000

yeah, mine will stop in a hurry also. brakes are almost too responsive at times. I backed off my adjusters a little in the rear so the rear tires don't lock up during moderate braking.

Mastertech

I am using Dot3 now debated with myself on using Dot5 silicone may switch later but for now will just flush regularly. The idea that Dot5 wont absorb the moisture in the system and the Dot 3 will absorb it and will get removed when flushed kind of makes me think I will stick with glycol based Dot3 or Dot4 for the time being. That and I have a presure bleeder with proper adapter for master cyl in My shop makes it so convienient to do a bleed and flush.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks