• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 35 mulitfuel questions

54reo

OK, I went and looked at the truck again today, and I was wondering if it was an injector pump or injector problem, would it still start this easy and not smoke? Again, just trying to rule out any major problems.

houdel

Re: RE: M 35 mulitfuel questions

oifvet said:
My 2cents : Any "running" deuce that runs as you describe, and for the most part, has all the parts in place, is worth $2500(ish). Heck, you can hardly buy a hammered, used pick-up truck for that price. You'll get plenty of help from SS members along the way. I think you're safe. Give it some more of the thorough checks that are listed in these forums before you make your final decision. Just remember... many have paid a lot more, for a lot less!
So-So-TRUE

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: M 35 mulitfuel questions

If you have not gotten it yet, offer 2200 and if he agrees, run with it. Could even be poor fuel.

54reo

RE: Re: RE: M 35 mulitfuel questions

Update: I purchased this truck last year. It has been a great truck, I drive it practically everyday.

54reo

M35 Questions

How time flies....

This site has taught me a lot in the past year. This thread was started when I stumbled across my first multifuel. After quite a bit of hand wringing, I decided to purchase this truck.

I had always wanted to resolve this thread, but kept forgetting. Now seems like as good a time as any.

When I bought my '67 deuce, "C" turbo, it would barely get into second gear (not enough power). I managed to get into third once, going downhill. So, I did the basics. Read the manuals, searched and read all I could find on this site, and chatted on the chat rooms on occasion.

Changed all three fuel filters, took the in-tank pump assembly out of the tank to check the condition of the intake screen, and carefully went over the entire length of fuel line from the tank to the IP. A new air filter was installed as well. After all of this, it was still the same. Well, I did notice a small improvement, but it would not get above 20mph.

So, I purchased a pyro, researched all about them right here on SS, and decided to mount it pre-turbo. Removed the turbo (literally a 10 minute ordeal), drilled and tapped two holes in the manifold (one on either side of the divider) and plugged one.

I then cut the safety wires through the bolts retaining the cover over the fuel adjustment screw, and removed the cover. AH.... now I found it! The fuel rate adjustment screw has two nuts (jamb nut arrangement), both of which were loose! The nuts must have slowly backed off over time to the point it was when I purchased it. (The previous owner believed it needed a new IP)

I then gradually (read: 1/4 turn at a time) adjusted the fuel rate and drove the truck. It took 2-1/4 full turns of the nuts to get where I am now. It will run at 700*-800* on a flat run, while seeing 1050* on a long run up a big hill. It has never gone over 1050*.

David, I could not stand the bright green paint that the previous owner brushed on, so I bought some spray cans and a six pack of beer. While it is not very good to look at, it is an improvement.

I drive this truck every day, and couldn't be happier with it. A BIG "Thank-You" to all of the SS members who helped me through some really simple questions, that were anything but simple to me at the time. We all had to start somewhere.

This site is the greatest thing to happen to the late model Deuce (M35) aspect of the MV hobby.

Attachments

Somemedic

I live right down the street from the 586th transportation unit in bee-you-teefull Hobart Indiana. They usually keep some 5ton tractors, hemmits, and deuces along with various hummers. I wave to the guys since they look at mein my cucv all the time (Thinkin Im some nut job probably) It really is a block away from myhouse.

The old lady doesnt know how friggin bad I want a deuce or would love to get a bobbed monster like Katt posts on ebay.

What I did want to reiterate is what some of you fellas had already posted. the guys on here are gurus and how may hours and dollars have been saved by the knowledge here on this site. Plus, I enjoy a happy endinglike anybody else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks