• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-37 Carb question

Roadtrooper63

Hello all,

This is my first post. This seems to be a great site.

I just got a 1960 (delivery date) M-37 and when I got it running, it seems to be idling very high. It also does not respond to the movement of the throttle lever. I pulled the carb today and the lever seems to be mated to the governor correctly. When the lever is moved the buttefly moves. It runs at a high constant RPM regardless of action applied to the throttle. Any suggestions? The carb appears to have been rebuilt befor I got it and has fresh wire through the screws and looks much cleaner than the elbow.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Roadtrooper63

MHassett you were exactly right, my hand throttle cable was seized and was the culprit. I unhooked it from the lever and it works properly now. Thanks!

I am wearing my dunce hat now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks