• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-37 Update

Baron3-6

Hi!
Just wanted to post an update on my 37. I'm awaiting the carb coming back from a full rebuild, so then it'll be time to tackle the engine again. For now, replacing the brake flexible lines, fluid, and bleeding. Two lines were replaced easily, third one resulted in me replacing a section of metal line as well (fused to the old hose). Still in the process of that.

Also started painting. I went with 24084 as its a closer match to most of the Vietnam photos of equipment I've seen. I also decided to use rattle cans, as it fits a busy schedule (clean, prime, then paint a section at a time) and costs less. I'm happy with the results so far.

Not going for a by-the-book resto here. Started with a very solid original truck that hadn't been messed with much. Want to make it mechanically reliable, and still appear authentic GI.

Attachments

WarrenD

Just did mine with rattle cans, too. 24087/24084 (Randolf cross references to both!)
Keep plugging away at it.