• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-43 questions

otrafxp

Hi

On the M-43 ambulance, should there be an siren and red lights on it. If it has where are they mounted and contolled.

Does anybody have the folding step to the back for sale or some drawings to make one.

I need a picture of the inside of the cab on a m43.

Stian

Irv

Hi,
I have a M43 for sale in the classifieds here. I have the step and all the racks in mine. Not sure about the siren and rotator light, but I have them on mine. Irv

tmbrwolf

In Army units that is a big no! These are tactical ambulances, and in field medical units red / blue lights and sirens are not authorized, there was no need for them as evacuation in a combat zone you won't have to worry about "clearing traffic" to get to the aid station or CSH besides it's bad enough having a big red target crosshair painted on the side, do you really want to give the enemy any more targeting info? The other services have different rules I'm sure the Marines also followed this, the Navy I'm not sure Somebody else might know that, the Air Force did on some but only ones that are assigned to the air bases and not tactical units (those are supported by Army units anyway).

pagefamily96

M43 Photos

Stian,
I can send you photos of the inside if needed. My M43 is pretty much complete but I am converting the lighting back to 24v. Let me know what areas you need more pictures of. pagefamily96@gmail.com

I need to take off my step and make plans for it. It seems these are hard to find but looking at it...seems fairly easy to make at a metal shop.

I do have a siren on my left front fender but that is more for parades, shows, etc. It is painted OD Green so the average person is unaware.

Don

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

I have had a discussion on the siren with a long time M37 surplus seller and has had many dodges. I am installing a siren on our EOD m-37 and I wanted it to be accurate. What he has seen in some ambulances with sirens installed, they had a electric starter switch on the passenger side floor. The passenger would push on the switch to operate the siren. This is how we are going to do ours. He even happen to have a good take out switch that I bought.

pwrwagonfire

Stian,
I can send you photos of the inside if needed. My M43 is pretty much complete but I am converting the lighting back to 24v. Let me know what areas you need more pictures of. pagefamily96@gmail.com

I need to take off my step and make plans for it. It seems these are hard to find but looking at it...seems fairly easy to make at a metal shop.

I do have a siren on my left front fender but that is more for parades, shows, etc. It is painted OD Green so the average person is unaware.

Don
I noticed your siren isn't the military one, but an older federal....is it a model 28, or a CL?

Just curious, have a Model 28 in both of our powerwagons, sorry to hijack the thread here....

pwrwagonfire

I have had a discussion on the siren with a long time M37 surplus seller and has had many dodges. I am installing a siren on our EOD m-37 and I wanted it to be accurate. What he has seen in some ambulances with sirens installed, they had a electric starter switch on the passenger side floor. The passenger would push on the switch to operate the siren. This is how we are going to do ours. He even happen to have a good take out switch that I bought.
Totally correct- with an older mechanical siren that is the way to do it!