• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-60A3 for salw on eBay

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It actually had 10 bids but didn't meet the reserve. If it were me, i'd check the ownership. No too many in private posession and just 'cause ha says he owns it...

David_4x4

It actually had 10 bids but didn't meet the reserve. If it were me, i'd check the ownership. No too many in private posession and just 'cause ha says he owns it...
Its legit.

Goofy story on how he got it, but DOD or some govt agency made him do the demil as specified in the ad and let him keep it.

Forgot the gentleman's name, but it's been up for sale numerous times and he's got numerous other armored vehicles. Plus the experience has been used in helping others in legally retaining lawfully purchased armor from the govt.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
ER...chit like this gives me the willies....I shall remain "tankless" until i get rich...and i see some Government paperwork that says...Dear PB...you can have this tank.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That guy posts on some armor or gun forum, I have seen his work before (I recognize his shop). He was doing beautiful work on a Sherman or a Stuart a couple of years ago. He started with a real pile and it looked spectacular when he was done.

The PIG Smith

Well, I missed spelled salw...the W and the E keys are too close for my fat fingers.
I edited the post to correct the spelling...but the title seems to still be salw. :confused:

I'd like to know more about this goofy story.
How does one get a running, full functioning M60A3?
...then the Uncle Sam goes, "Oh don't worry about it...just cut here, here and here and we will be good"
I know with my luck, if I owned a M60A3 like that....
....the Federal Marshall would be at my house with a warrant for my arrest, SWAT (with anti-tank weapons) and M-1070 to haul away my toy.

Also, how does one demil reactive armor?
Isn't that just plates of explosives?

Mmmmm...many questions about this MV.

David_4x4

Well, I missed spelled salw...the W and the E keys are too close for my fat fingers.
I edited the post to correct the spelling...but the title seems to still be salw. :confused:

I'd like to know more about this goofy story.
How does one get a running, full functioning M60A3?
...then the Uncle Sam goes, "Oh don't worry about it...just cut here, here and here and we will be good"
I know with my luck, if I owned a M60A3 like that....
....the Federal Marshall would be at my house with a warrant for my arrest, SWAT (with anti-tank weapons) and M-1070 to haul away my toy.

Also, how does one demil reactive armor?
Isn't that just plates of explosives?

Mmmmm...many questions about this MV.
I'll let someone who is actually dealing with the vehicle as I dont know if the story is 100% or if teh owner wants it told.

I do know someone in the govt didnt do what they were suppose to, vehicle was lawfully purchased, and it has helped other armored vehicle owners establish precedence in keeping their armored vehicles from being seized by the govt.

Yohan

The owner of the M60A1 is also accepting offers on an "Easy Eight" Sherman that is beautiful- with rubber padded tracks. PM me with any serious offers on that one as well. There's also a quad fifty up for sale.

Thanks, kcimb, for the kudos.

John

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please God help me win the lottery this time. I promise I'll be good, and please bless all the starving pygmies down there in New Guinea, Amen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks