• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-715 Front Bumper

VenomInjected

Thoughts?

Will be putting studs to swing the chain steps around to the backside of the bumper for storage while in high-speed travel.

FRONT BUMPER.jpg

Barrman

I have one of those swivel steps on my Whistler M35A2. I really, really wanted it. Once it got it, I don't use it and if I do, I feel like I am going to fall. I did find it works great to set a water cooler on when in the up position. That is what I use it for now.

When I did the 396 big block to 6.2 diesel swap in my M715. I had the tow bar adaptors in the bumper. Those things make a great step/work platform base. If I had to do it another time. I would make some kind of platform at least a foot deep and as wide as I could.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I do not like flexible steps. I never feel secure and inevitably I hit my shin on the bumper. The closest to a flexible step I like is on some Cat equipment where they use two heavy cables for the down legs. It is stiff enough it does not swing around so much.