• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 923 door's lock?

1SICKMJ

Ok just kinda did a rust repair and paint on a M923 5ton we have at the park. I was hopping in and out of that thing for weeks, I come back to work today and the door handles wont move. How did I get locked out of a military truck? I thought they didnt have locks. Anyone know how I can get back in or what the heck happended?

1SICKMJ

Well I figured out how it locks........inside door handle pushed all the way forward. Now anyone know how to break into a 5ton with out busting windows?

nofearnohope

Let me know what you figure out, cause my kids did this to me, but fortunately I have a soft top on my truck. I just don't feel like pulling it off any time this happens.

1SICKMJ

We have a hard top, safety issue if we have a soft top. I just slid open the rear window very carefully and used a long axe handle in the truck to move the handle back. I guess I thought the door handle was floppy inside and all the way forward was the way it was supposed to be. You learn something new everyday.

USMC6062

On my deuce, if you shut the door with the inside handles in the lock postition, it unlocks them. You have to shut the door first, then lock it from the inside. I wonder if something is broke on your latch allowing it to ramain locked after shutting the door.

1SICKMJ

I wouldnt be surprised if something is broken inside them. But its all good now, and now I know how to break into it.

LOL I wouldnt have to pull the window back theres about a 1/2" gap between the window and the top.

So how much a deuce cost? It would be sweet to have one!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks