• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 923 transfer case rebuild

engineer233

Anyone know who or where to get a rockwell t-case rebuilt ? I would consider doing it myself if I could find a rebuild kit and TM . What are your thoughts ?

engineer233

Is there another transfer case that will interchange with this one ? Would it be possible to use one out of a 800 series truck with a little modifying ?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 939 case is overdrive and is smaller than the 800 type cases. It would be a major job to swap them. and your speed would be very low, 70% of what it is now. I know this because I put a 939 case in an 800 truck and it was a big job, but redline is 70. There is a thread on this.

rlwm211

The 800 series transfer case has a sprag and you would be going backwards in technology if you were to change from the air shift type you have now.

It may be expensive to rebuild the transfer case but the value of the truck is such that it is definitely worth it.

RL

engineer233

Thanks. Definitely don't want to lose any speed. I really like this truck just hearing a little rattle as I ease off the fuel and the tc gets a little slack in it. I would rather rebuild my case but am running into trouble finding a kit. I may just tear it down and have to go bearing by bearing and seal by seal to fix it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks. Definitely don't want to lose any speed. I really like this truck just hearing a little rattle as I ease off the fuel and the tc gets a little slack in it. I would rather rebuild my case but am running into trouble finding a kit. I may just tear it down and have to go bearing by bearing and seal by seal to fix it.
This could be just NORMAL gear slop when not under load, maybe nothing wrong with the T/C

engineer233

I made the mistake first. I knew it was 809 series but wasn't thinking I guess. Either way we all understood what we were talking about. As for my tc I hope it's a normal sound but my luck it wont be. This afternoon I will change the gear lube out with 1 gal of lucas oil and the rest with a good 80/90 to top it off and hope that help to quiet it down.

emr

i also correct some who slang the correct number, for a few reasons, One, i would like to know the correct one if it were me, second, it helps when people sound like they know what they are talking about, :) I also never want to insult, and am happy to be corrected also... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks