• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-931 brakes

groundog

what is the best way to get the brakes to release on a truck that wont start--need to load it on a trailer to have it hauled home?:beer:

wehring

cage

Cage...

Look on the brake buckets on the rear axles and you will see a piece of all thread with a T-shaped head on it. They will be in holders on the outside of the housing.

Remoce them with a 3/4" wrench and place the T into the hole on the back of the canisters and turn it until you feel it lock into place. Try to pull it out. If it is locked in, tighten the nut until the brake at that wheel releases.

Repeat for each rear wheel. The front doe not require it.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

AZ

I just read your location. I am in Yuma on business and I fly out of Phx next week. If you need help I can drop by and give you some pointers.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

groundog

:grd: thanks for all the replies---the truck is in gulfport mi and will be hauled to phx az---my first 931 so it is a learning experience for me--I have a m-813 and a m-820 but this truck will be a lot different

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful that the truck does not roll backwards on you after the brakes release. Chock the wheels before doing anything.

Bruce

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A truck with caged brakes is an unguided missile.

Trying to load it on a trailer can be very dangerous if you are not winching it on and then once it is up on the level deck you have to throw a chock under one or more wheels to stop it.......getting it off is just as tricky unless, as stated above, you uncage the brakes, charge the air system and roll it off that way.....you will only have enough air for one or two stops before the pressure drops off and the brakes engage.

Do not attempt this without someone who has done it before helping you. It is, at a minimun, a three man job.

davidkroberts

if you dont mind mine is 6397, could you give it a quick once over and see if there is anything i need to know before i get down. Thanks

by the way for the recovery:
nopics

groundog

:beer: I am not going to Gulfport---I am having a trucking company pick it up otherwise I would be glad to---the only help they will give you is they will try to jump start it----they do have a loading ramp----you and I got the two---others were bought by dealers--good luck on your recovery---let me know how it goes

groundog

:beer:GL jumped the truck and got it started--what a relief--drove it on to the trailer and its on the way to Phoenx---always good when a truck will start and run